Professional Experience

I have worked on multiple contracts simultaneously to diversify and expand my competencies and commit to lifelong learning. To view more of my experience, please visit my LinkedIn profile.

Teaching Experience

I have been instructing part-time since September 2015 and teaching part-time since September 2017 at George Brown College.

  • Digital Technology: Violence and Justice Issues

    The course captures the violence and justice issues resulting from the rapid advancement and evolution of modern technology and examines the role of digital technology in social justice, activism and advocacy, and the social, economic, and political issues related to systemic oppression. I designed and developed the full curriculum for this course.

  • Field Work Seminar/Practice I

    Field Work Seminar I provides a supportive environment so that students may integrate their academic studies with field work practice. Field Work Practice I is students' first opportunity to apply their academic studies to field practice. Using their Learning Contract as guide for placement goals and objectives, students complete 250 hours of supervised field experience.

  • Trades and Career Planning (TCP)

    TCP prepares participants for their next steps such as post-secondary certification, pre-apprenticeship, and other training programs. The topics and activities included in the TCP will give participants the exposure they need to make decisions about the field/trade they will prepare to enter. I designed and developed the full curriculum for this course.

Management Experience

I managed Women Transitioning to Trades and Employment (WTTE) at George Brown College from April 2019 to August 2021.

  • Operations

    I coordinated program activities per the operating plan and timeline. I adhered to the budget of $601,416 and handled the program expenditures with a success of 98%-99% of budget spent annually.

  • Targets

    Exceeded target of 80% by 13% (for a total of 93%) for percentage of participants who completed program and started paid apprenticeship, employment, self-employment, or further training

  • Partnership

    I directed a partnership between WTTE and Hilti Canada and appeared in a segment on CBC. WTTE received a donation of tools (valued over $100,000) and grant ($40,000) to create bursaries for participants to pursue post-secondary.

Program Video

Coordination Experience

I have over five years of coordination experience in an academic institution, not-for-profit setting, and employment centre.

  • Community Worker Field Education Coordinator

    I assessed student learning requirements through one-to-one meetings to suggest appropriate agencies consistent with their learning and development needs.

  • CAMP and EEP Coordinator

    I coordinated the Career Advancement and Mentorship Program (CAMP) and Employment Essentials Program (EEP).

  • Communications and Administrative Coordinator

    I collaborated with and supported the Bookkeeper, Executive Director, Board of Directors, Program Managers, and clients.